Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A collection of Halloween cakes


I hope you had a frightfully fun Halloween! Halloween is perhaps my favorite holiday and I always love to make a cake for the occasion. I thought it would be fun to share this year's Halloween cake, along with a few favorites from past years.

This year I decided to do a play on the popular wedding cake with fluttering butterflies flying around. Instead, my cake featured a colony of bats and some dripping blood for good measure.

I made the blood as a "ganache" of sorts using Wilton candy melts instead of regular chocolate and the bats were all cut with a little bat cutter out of black gumpaste. I made the cake chocolate using black cocoa powder. I love black cocoa powder. Not only does it make for an excellent black cake for Halloween but it tastes rich and delicious. A cake should taste as good as it looks!

Halloween cake 2014

Pumpkin Halloween Cake with Black Cat

Haunted House Halloween cake Frankenstein's Monster cake


2 comments:

  1. I love love love your spooky bat cake - it's so creative & beautifully executed!!

    ReplyDelete